Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My need: A vision of loveliness.

I need my daily fix. No, not a drug. Instead, a vision of loveliness. That’s why, when separated from my Italian true love, I insist that we connect on Skype. Daily. Even if it’s only for a few minutes.  So I have the opportunity to gaze in awe.  At her loveliness. Most days, we link up for an hour or two. Not necessarily continuously.  But even if it’s for only a minute, I’m able to absorb her beautiful demeanor. And savor it for hours. Until the next time. Of course, I spend months every year with my true love in the flesh. In Minnesota and Sardinia and in travel together in such outposts as Iceland, Scotland and continental European countries.  But hey, like I say, I always need my daily fix. Achieving it one way or another.  –Jim Broede

No comments: