Monday, June 10, 2013

The ability to savor love.

Bad times become good times.  Through the magic of time.  Why is this?  Example: My dear sweet Jeanne’s 13-year sojourn with Alzheimer’s. When thinking of it now, almost 7 years after Jeanne died, I remember the experience in positive ways.  A time when I learned the true meaning of love. And devotion.  And how we came through. Both of us.   Adding luster to our 38 years of marriage.  We endured in endearing ways. Helping each other. Finding new ways to love.  Maybe it helped me more than Jeanne. Because Jeanne was teaching me how to live. Lovingly. And maybe I was teaching Jeanne how to die. Lovingly. I’m still learning the lessons. And maybe, so is Jeanne. In another realm. Jeanne is more alive than ever. In spirit. And so am I. We are both thriving. In our own ways. Maybe we continue to help each other. To live our lives. In a continuous, unending and loving manner.  Maybe that’s the nature of true love.  The ability to savor love. Every loving moment. Forever. –Jim Broede

No comments: