Wednesday, June 12, 2013

While waiting for my pure pleasure.

I am grateful to my Italian true love. For turning me on to the pleasures of coffee. Particularly, cappuccino. Made with milk. Rather than water. And with a dab of whipped cream.  I have my cappuccino every morning. With cinnamon toast or a powdered sugar doughnut. Spurs me on to my daily workout. Forty miles of bicycling. Or 10 miles of brisk walking. Some days, a combination of the two. That way, I don’t have to be concerned with my calorie intake. I can indulge myself. My true love initially tried to steer me to a daily dose of espresso. Instead, I’ve settled for an occasional espresso. I can live without it. Especially when espresso is consumed the macho Italian way -- in one big gulp. I prefer sipping. Slowly.  While waiting for my pure pleasure. Cappuccino. –Jim Broede

No comments: