Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My favorite compartment.

So many people feel inundated. By the issues and responsibilities that come with their complicated lives. They are overwhelmed. Includes several of my best friends. Some of whom are ripe for nervous breakdowns.  But not me. I remain essentially calm, cool and collected.  I compartmentalize. Dealing with one matter at a time. Effectively shutting out the rest. It’s impossible to handle everything at once. Stupid, too. I may deal with a bunch of issues on a given day. But I keep them separate. So that I can better focus. I’ve talked about this before. The benefits of a one-track mind.  Years ago I had many trains of thought on my mind. Simultaneously. Left me confused. And perplexed. Now I set priorities. By placing everything into separate mindful compartments. And I move freely from one compartment to another and another. I have a favorite compartment. On matters relating to my Italian true love. Lately, it’s been my one and only compartment. I’ve shut down the others. Temporarily, of course. But I’m in no hurry for any re-openings. –Jim Broede    

No comments: