Saturday, September 21, 2013

Because I'm a mere dreamer.

I’m gonna be mighty surprised if the Chicago Cubs don’t fire their manager. He’s a nice guy. But maybe too nice.  He tolerates losing. Every which way. Takes it a too matter of fact way.  And that attitude rubs off. On the players.  Some of the Cubs best young players have had bad seasons. They underperformed. No getting around it. Someone has to be blamed. The players, I suppose. But the manager should have done something about it. Should have instructed and inspired the team to be better. To exert themselves a little bit more.  To start to believe that they can win more often than losing. This Cubs team hasn’t done it. Therefore, the manager must go. I’m willing to take the job. For free.  But I won’t get it. Because I’m a mere dreamer. –Jim Broede

No comments: