Monday, September 2, 2013

Chicago, a haven of nice people.

I was chastised. For getting off the bus too soon. On Michigan Avenue. In Chicago. Because I wanted to walk. To take in the scenery. At my own pace. Slower than the bus driver would have me proceed. My Italian true love preferred riding. But she followed me. Dutifully.  Suggesting, however, that I had made a mistake. And didn’t want to admit to it. But the truth be told, I wanted exercise. The aerobic kind. And fresh air. Furthermore, one must learn to walk. Especially in Chicago. And not only that. But to get lost. That’s one of the best ways to discover Chicago.  The real charm of the city. And to seek the help of strangers. The natives. They are very accommodating of visitors. They overhear our conversation. And know that we are lost.  And offer help. Chicago is full of nice people. –Jim Broede 

No comments: