Monday, September 9, 2013

No side glances.

I’m very selective. About who and what I allow in and out of my life. That helps me keep my sanity. And to create the kind of life that I covet. Of course, I don’t have complete control. That’s impossible. But I’m able to steer a general direction.  Which makes for a happy life.  I see so many lives veering out of control. When they don’t have to. It’s a matter of learning how to take control. Becoming selective.  Making one’s own choices. That’s the ultimate freedom. To block out the bad stuff. The negatives. And to focus on the good things. The positives. Today, I have chosen to not answer the telephone.  Because I don’t want to be disturbed. Or diverted from my path. It’s as if I’m wearing blinders. Looking straight ahead. No side glances. –Jim Broede

No comments: