Friday, September 27, 2013

Thankful...our paths crossed.

Teaching isn’t a bad way to make a living. Especially for an Italian to be teaching English. Takes some talent. I can’t imagine me teaching a foreign language. Impossible. Because I don’t even have the ability to learn another language. Makes me wonder how I ever learned English. Anyway, I’m talking about my Italian true love. She has a unique ability. A unique desire. Her quest to learn another language. She speaks English fluently. With a delightful accent. She even thinks in English. Wow! What a skill. An art. A craft. Thank gawd. She’s mastered English. Otherwise, we would not have met…and cultivated a loving relationship. The relationship is built largely on her mastery of the English language. I’m able to write and speak to her. In English. And she comprehends. And she even grasps and understands Shakespeare and English poets better than I do. Anyway, I’m suggesting that she fall fully in love. With teaching. Teaching English. It’s a wonderful way for a wonderful true love to make a living. And makes me thankful (blessed) that our paths crossed. –Jim Broede

No comments: