Tuesday, September 10, 2013

With my pal Putin.

Putin isn’t such a bad guy. I like him. And most Russians, too. They’re pretty decent people. That’s my impression. I want to go to Russia some day. Soon. Preferably to St. Petersburg. But Moscow, too. And maybe a train journey all the way to Vladivostok.  I’m not enamored with all people and all countries. I’d steer clear of the Middle East. Especially Syria. Lots of bad guys and religious fanatics running around that horrid place. Don’t trust any of ‘em.  Putin seems willing to bail out Obama from a political bind. By swaying Assad to surrender his chemical weapons.  It’s not a ploy. It’s a genuine effort to bring a diplomatic solution to an ugly and insane political mess. Sure beats more violence.  I also like it that Russia/Putin gave political asylum to American whistle-blower Edward Snowden.  Hey, I might feel comfortable living in liberal-minded Russia. With my pal Putin. –Jim Broede  

No comments: