Sunday, October 20, 2013

Comprehending me.

Too many people I know don’t know themselves. And that’s a pity. To go through life without any deep personal discovery. I uncover  new stuff about me daily. In some ways, I’m the most interesting person that I know. Doesn’t mean that I have a gigantic ego. But admittedly, I have an ego. And self-confidence. That’s important. I’d hate to go through life without probing my depths. My soul. My inner being. And the best way to understand myself is to understand other people. To relate to them. To take educated guesses about what makes them tick. And then make comparisons. About how much we are alike. And different, too. I often put emphasis on the differences. Because that brings balance into my life. I don’t necessarily want to be like others. Or for others to be like me. I’d rather just live and let live. But for all this to be possible, I have to fully comprehend me. –Jim Broede

No comments: