Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Better to fool myself.

Lately, I’ve been focused on appreciating what I have. Rather than what I don’t have. Because it’s silly. Always wishing for a better life. When the present one is good enough. I’m able to savor precious moments. Every day. For one thing, I’m in love. Not only with my Italian true love. But with life in general. I’m in good spirits.  Of course, I’m dissatisfied with some stuff. Politics. Here in America. Worldwide, too. But I can’t do anything about it. I’m not a player. Merely an observer. If I was a creator, I’d create a better world. And I do. In my imagination. Once again, that’s good enough. For me. I love to go on flights of fantasy. With my imagination. That’s a big source of my happiness.  I also imagine living forever. Which would give me time to bring about change. Slowly. Slowly. No hurry. I have no desire to rush through life.  Better to fool myself. Into thinking I have forever. –Jim Broede

No comments: