Saturday, November 23, 2013

Good enough for me.

Don’t particularly like the infirmities that come with old age. Not sure that I’m there yet. With luck, I’m only in the autumn of life. It’s not yet winter.  As for the seasons here in Minnesota, my favorites are spring and summer. Then autumn. I could live without winter. But I’ll take the snow and cold, and make the best of it. The same goes for old age. Better than the alternative.  I’m learning to savor. Whatever it is at the moment. Because that’s all I’ve got.  And believe me, it ain’t bad. My Italian true love, for instance. We’re gonna meet this winter. In Arizona. Means a wonderful winter. Last winter, I was with her, too. In Sardinia. Yes, another splendid winter. And if she were with me on the frozen tundra, that also would make for Paradise. I’m easily pleased when it comes to love.  Doesn’t matter the season. Or the place. Or the age. Being alive and conscious and vibrant. That’s good enough for me. –Jim Broede

No comments: