Thursday, November 28, 2013

Grieving.

I’m not sure if grieving is always a good thing. Especially if it’s prolonged grieving. The loss of a loved one, of course, can be devastating. Emotionally. Psychologically. One has to learn to adjust  Grieving is a natural process.  Taking varied lengths of time. I know. From experience. But still, I’m acquainted with a few souls that grieve for the rest of their lives. They remain in an essentially unhappy state. Rather than getting on with life. Maybe it can be argued that they are getting on. In a grieving way. That’s their way/choice. And it should be respected. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s good. Therefore, I’m tempted to play a role. In trying to lead a friend/acquaintance out of grief. Into a happier realm. Maybe that’s wrong. And I should tend to my own business.  Tell me, am I wrong for trying to intervene?  By encouraging the grieving to get on with life. –Jim Broede

No comments: