Saturday, November 30, 2013

Getting merrily on with life.

I’m not a chronic complainer. Maybe because it wouldn’t accomplish much. Instead, better to find ways to enjoy/savor the moment. And the day and the week. I accept the notion that the world ain’t perfect. And I’m not gonna make it more perfect. Other than by adjusting my attitude. The best way I can. Which means fooling myself. To a limited degree. By imagining that I’m having a perfect day. Which I can. By establishing my own flexible ground rules. Such as marveling at the imperfections. The abundance of imperfect people. And their imperfect actions. Which I recognize. And that makes me perceptive.  When really, all I’m doing is forgiving myself. For being rampantly error-prone. Like everyone else.  Thing is, I don’t let it bother me. I  get merrily on with life. –Jim Broede

No comments: