Sunday, December 1, 2013

The real test of our love.

I appreciate winter. In Minnesota. No kidding. It ain’t that bad. Just walked 12 miles today. Beautiful weather. Sunny. Chilly. But not cold. Because it’s near freezing. Could be 20 below zero. Furthermore, no snow on the ground. Makes for easy walking. The lake is frozen over.  But I wouldn’t risk walking on it. Maybe not until January. And by then, I’ll be in Arizona. Cavorting with my Italian true love. Customarily, I’d be in Sardinia now. With my true love. But we decided on a different scenario this winter.  It’ll be her first plunge into the American Southwest. One of these winters,  I’ll  lure my true love to Minnesota. She comes in the summertime. But the real test of our love will be when she arrives in the winter. During a blizzard. And 30-below. But hey, look at it as another life experience. Something to fondly remember. –Jim Broede

No comments: