Thursday, December 5, 2013

Waiting for the great awakening.

As I age, each day becomes more precious. Running out of time. That may be a good thing. Used to be that I could speculate that I had lived only half of my life. Still had plenty of time. But can’t say that any more. I’m 78. In another 78 years, I’ll be long dead. Now if I have 10 years left, that’ll be pushing the odds. Into the optimistic realm Doesn’t bother me. This shortage of time. Because I have today. Another day to love life.  Forever may be a curse. If I had it. Because that would allow me to waste time. I’ve done plenty of that. In my younger days. Until I discovered love. And began to appreciate the life force.  Thing is, I wouldn’t mind having forever. My imagination allows me to think that forever is possible. Of course, not in my present life form. I’d have to evolve. Maybe into full and complete spirit.  For all I know, that’s me. Now. A spirit. Imagining that I’m a physical being. Dreaming. Marking time. Waiting for the great awakening. –Jim Broede

No comments: