Thursday, December 26, 2013

Time to be in love with life.

'The Great Beauty.' It's an Italian film worth seeing. In the soothing and romantic-sounding Italian language, of course, and with Italian actors. And English subtitles. The first five minutes portray Baccanali living. Which rid the audience of two prudish women. They walked out. In disgust, I guess. Which was just as well. Because they were incapable of grasping the soon-to-come great beauty. In the story. In the scenery. In the great city of Rome. Seated next to me in the theatre in Phoenix on Christmas Day was my Italian true love.  That made for even more great beauty. My true love has been a great and good influence on me. Getting me back to the big screen movie theatre. After an absence of almost 10 years. For reasons I wish not to extol. Anyway, 'The Great Beauty' is about the beauty of life. Which so many of us lose sight of. Because we are bogged down in the blah and humdrum of living. Sadly, no longer recognizing true beauty. Really, life is wonderful. Precious. There to be savored. With opened eyes and loving spirits. No more excuses. Yes, time to be in love with life. --Jim Broede

No comments: