Thursday, January 23, 2014

A wonderful way to live forever.

My two cats are a vital part of my life. Funny thing. When cats were first introduced to the household over 40 years ago, I was adamantly opposed. We had dogs. And I thought there was no room for cats. But I was overruled. By my wife Jeanne and our two children. Lo and behold, I’ve lived with cats ever since. Up to five at a time. They’re indoor cats. And almost human. In some ways, they are more sacred to me than some friends and acquaintances. Loverboy and Chenuska (Little Black Lady) and I keep each other company. We  converse. Talk to each other. At the moment, Loverboy is on my desk. Helping me write. Inspiring me to say good things about him. That he is, as his name implies, a genuine lover boy. Another thing. I sense that cats (and other animals, too) have souls. Spirits. That linger on. After death. I’m assuming that our souls end up in other forms of physical life. Not necessarily here on planet Earth.  But in another world. Maybe in another galaxy. That would be a wonderful and adventurous way to live forever. –Jim Broede

No comments: