Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Alone, but not really alone.

I’m never alone. Because I live with animals. And spirits. They keep me company. When I’m not with my Italian true love or friends. Come to think of it, I’m always with friends. Because my two cats, Loverboy and Chenuska, and all sorts of spirits, are my friends. Including the creator himself. But still, I choose to isolate myself. For periods of time. Maybe a few minutes, or a few hours.  I shut out everything. And escape to true solitude. It’s as if I’m the only being in the world. Momentarily. It’s a thrilling experience. Because still, I’m not alone. I’m with me. Alive and conscious. Gives me a feeling of what it must be like to be god, the creator. That’s why he created. A world. I’m at my creative best. When I’m alone, but not really alone.  –Jim Broede

No comments: