Sunday, January 26, 2014

An optimist. And a dreamer, too.

I have far more unread books than read books. Because I’ve collected books. All my life. More books than I can read. I have the intent to read everything. Knowing full well I won’t. Unless I live forever. Yes, another reason to wish for an eternal life.  So I don’t run out of time. To meet all my goals. Some days, I’d rather write. Than read. Acknowledging that I can’t do everything. I also listen to music. Virtually every day. Classical music. If I had lived 200 years ago, I’d have hardly ever listened to music. Especially classical music.  Another reason for me to be thankful. That I live in an age of technological advances. Causes me to wonder though. What am I missing? If I’m not around  in 200 years?  Notice. I use the word ‘if.’ Makes me an optimist. And a dreamer, too. –Jim Broede

No comments: