Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Good vibes therapy. It works.

Good vibes. Bad vibes. Once upon a time. When caring for my dear sweet Alzheimer-riddled wife Jeanne, I emitted bad vibes. Little wonder. I was a disturbed, distressed, distraught care-giver.  Jeanne sensed it. She was in an environs of bad vibes. Almost daily. And she became disturbed, distressed, distraught. Don’t know what made me do it. But one day, I decided, enough of bad vibes. I resolved to emit only good vibes in Jeanne’s presence. Even if that meant faking it. Becoming the world’s best actor. The  results were amazing. A severely cognitively-impaired Jeanne caught the good vibes. Maybe she sensed that I truly loved her. Good vibes. Love vibes.  That was the birth of my good vibes therapy. I continued the experiment. A second day. A third day. A second week. A third week. A second month, a third month. A second year. A third year. I was truly communicating. If not with Jeanne’s mind. Certainly with her spirit/soul.  In the process, I also reached the depths of my being. Becoming a true lover. A decent human being. An extraordinarily effective care-giver. Try it, Alzheimer care-givers. It works. –Jim Broede

No comments: