Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Please, let it be. In my lifetime.

Had a good news/bad news dream tonight. About my beloved Chicago Cubs. They finally made it to the World Series. The opening game. And I was ready to watch. When the TV went kaput. Repair was underway. I waited. And waited. Told be patient. To take a nap. And I’d be able to catch the game before it was over.  Three hours passed. I knew the game must be over. I had probably missed the entire game. Makes me wonder why I didn’t turn on the radio. Or go to the computer. Guess that’s what I finally did. To get the final score. The Cubs lost, 8-7.  A heart-breaker, for sure. Maybe it was just as well that I missed the game. But hey, that was only the first game of the series. There's still tomorrow. And game two. Besides, it’ll be good enough. For me. If the Cubs finally make it to the World Series again. Winning, too? Well, one can’t have everything. Maybe that’s why the dream seems so real. The bad news Cubs still found a way to lose.  But upon awakening, I'm joyful. No lamenting. After all, the Cubs made it to the World Series.  Please, let it be. In my lifetime.  –Jim Broede

No comments: