Friday, April 11, 2014

I know the enemy.

Difficult for me to give American conservative politicians the benefit of the doubt. I don’t trust any of ‘em. I suspect they are a deceitful, lying bunch. Ready to sell their souls. In order to meet their objectives. When I look deep down, underneath.  I see racists. The worst side of the American fabric. Of course, this makes me judgmental.  And there’s always the possibility that I may be wrong.  But hey, that’s the way I see it. Right or wrong. Doesn’t surprise me that they are clustered in the Republican Party. And that many of ‘em hail from  the tier of Southern states. From the old Confederacy. Boils down to this: My greatest fear/concern isn’t a foreign or terroristic threat to America. Instead, it’s the threat from within. A takeover by the lunatic fringe conservatives.  Because they know how to cheat. And to manipulate the system. And they have big money behind them. From the Koch brothers and other billionaires. Give the Republicans credit. They have become experts at rigging the system. By gerrymandering congressional districts. By putting up legislative roadblocks to voter turnout. By stacking the Supreme Court with conservative ideologues.  An endless array of political maneuvers. Meanwhile, liberal/progressive politicians are too kind. Too meek. They too often turn the other cheek.  They are too trusting. But hey, that’s not me. I know the enemy. I wish more Americans did. –Jim Broede

No comments: