Sunday, April 20, 2014

Today...and tomorrow, too.

Proceed with caution. Danger ahead. That’s a sign I’m supposed to heed. Or so I’m told. Because I’m no longer young. At 78. That’s considered old. Maybe I have another 10 years. If I’m lucky. Yes, there’s peril ahead. If I think about it. Used to be. I could assume. Maybe another 30, 40 or 50 years ahead. And know there’s a good chance. Of course, no guarantees. That’s the nature of physical life. People tell me. Act my age. Don’t know what that really means. Don’t want to be that kind of actor. Rather be. Who I am. A romantic idealist.  A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. A writer. A world traveler. Right up to the end. There’s no stopping me. I’ll continue to walk 10 miles a day. Or bike 30 miles. I’ll defy the odds. And live forever. Certainly. As a spirit. My mind is set. Don’t tell me I’m too old. Because I have today…and tomorrow, too. –Jim Broede

No comments: