Thursday, May 15, 2014

A search for human decency.

I reason. In ways that some people don’t. Maybe because I’m a liberal. In politics. And they aren’t.  Maybe because I’m a spiritual free-thinker. And they aren’t. Yes, I’m also a romantic idealist. And they aren’t. That sets us on different paths. We look at life differently. We reason differently. Therefore, I have a question. How do we resolve our differences?  Fact of the matter is that we often don’t. We are sort of at war with each other. We try to live our own lives. In our own ways. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it doesn’t. It’s best, of course, when there’s some degree of mutual respect. Unfortunately, that ain’t happening in the American political realm.  Things have gotten downright dirty and nasty.  We no longer act like ladies and gentlemen. We have lost our sense of human decency. Let’s send out a search party. Let’s resolve to find decency again. –Jim Broede 

No comments: