Friday, May 16, 2014

Getting on.

I have friends and acquaintances. With minds. Occupied mostly by bad stuff. They lament. About this and that. Hardly ever think positively. Maybe they have a form of depression. Don’t know for sure. But I don’t hesitate to speculate. Might even tell them. I’m concerned. But then, I might choose to ignore. Maybe it’s not my business. Guess I’m more likely to intervene. If it’s a true friend.  But hey. Sometimes I take a hard-hearted approach.  Did that years ago. With my sister. She’s an alcoholic. Knows it now. She’s been recovering for about 10 years. Changed her ways. For the good. For the better. We are on cordial terms again. But for a while, I wrote her off. Because she refused to take care of herself. Maybe that made me less than the good and loving brother. But sometimes I find it best to butt out. Otherwise, I might do more harm than good. I make choices. That other people’s problems can’t be solved. By me.  Or even by god/the creator. Instead, it’s best to get on. With my life. –Jim Broede

No comments: