Friday, May 30, 2014

Why am I here? Does it matter?

Thinking. About being alive. And conscious. That’s my favorite thought. Always makes me feel good. Makes me aware of the moment. Because I’m actually thinking about being alive and conscious. A sign that I’m not taking life for granted.   Doing more than going through the motions. No robotic life for me. No auto-pilot. Maybe that’s the biggest danger. Living life in a stupor. With nary a significant and lasting thought. Anyway, when finally dead and gone, there will be no proof that I ever existed. I wonder. If everything vanishes. Not only me.  But everything. Planet Earth and our solar system.  All of creation. It no longer exists. If I am not here to witness. To perceive. Everything is gone. Everything has a beginning  and an end. Here I am. Living in the middle.  Letting life evolve. More or less naturally. Trying to ponder. Why am I here?  Does it matter? –Jim Broede

No comments: