Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Into a permanent state of musing.

My dictionary defines musing as a state of deep thought or dreamy abstractions. Little wonder. I love to muse. I was born to muse. It comes naturally. Musing may be the greatest invention of mankind. My kind of consciousness. I’m assuming. That prehistoric man started to muse. About life in general. But that it took a while. To evolve. Into musing over the concept of love.  Maybe the first musing was over the notion of survival. Imaginative ways to stay alive.  To feed one’s self. And eventually to feel all the pleasures of life.  The warmth of the sun on an otherwise cool day. And relief under a waterfall on a blazing hot day. Simple stuff. Not ready yet for flights of fancy. To the moon. To Mars. To the boundless ends of creation.  Though one never knows. Maybe the prehistoric man ascended. Into the spiritual realm. Into a permanent blissful state of musing. –Jim Broede

No comments: