Monday, June 16, 2014

Preferring not to be a capitalist.

Doing things. Favors. For others. Without remuneration.  I try doing that. But it’s impossible. I always get remuneration. Because I feel good about it. That’s my reward. I’d not feel nearly as good. If I received financial compensation. Maybe that’s my way of fighting the capitalist system. My paramount interest isn’t making money. Notice. I say paramount. I used to be employed. And one of the reasons. Was to make money. Yes, to make a living. To have cash to provide me with the basic necessities of life. But I’ve never had the desire to be rich. To have a many-figured bank account. Now I write. Not to make money. But to be happy. Practicing a skill. Of expression. Just for the sake of it. I don’t try to sell my skill or services. For the purpose of making a profit. Preferring not to be a capitalist. Meanwhile, I have enough to tide me over. –Jim Broede  

No comments: