Sunday, July 6, 2014

A masterpiece. In my kitchen.

I’ve lived with brown kitchen cupboards. For years and years and years. Seems like forever. Enough. Enough. Enough. I finally decided. To go white. Something called old white. Painted the cupboards yesterday. With something called chalk paint. At the behest of my Italian true love. She’s a good influence. Encourages me to lighten up my life. In so very many ways. Including a lighter, more airy kitchen. All one needs do is change color. She’s coming over soon. From Sardinia. To spend the rest of the summer. With me. In Minnesota.  She’ll be pleased to see. The new look kitchen. Transformed. With a paint brush. I’m feeling like an artist. Van Gogh. Matisse. Picasso. I’ve borrowed their lighter sides. And created a masterpiece. In my kitchen. –Jim Broede

No comments: