Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wonderful illusions.

I’ve learned. To not let stuff bother me. Especially if it’s stuff over which I have virtually no control. Such as most goings-on in the world. Bad stuff happens. Every day. And I pretty much ignore it. Don’t lose any  sleep over it.  Of course, if something has a direct negative effect on me, I swing into action.  To remedy the situation. If I can. If I can’t, maybe I have to learn to live with the reality. A little bit like the weather. If it’s stormy. Maybe I have to remain indoors. Until the storm blows over.  Same goes for political matters. I’m ashamed to say it. But my congresswoman is Michelle Bachmann.  I’ve been able to more or less pretend that she doesn’t exist. Especially when I retreat to my cocoon. I just plain shut out any unpleasantness. By creating my own world. Full of wonderful illusions. –Jim Broede

No comments: