Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My boundless imagination.

I pretend. That I’m a master of voodoo. Really. There’s nothing more absurd. More ridiculous. Than imagining. That I can make the Chicago Cubs win baseball games. By practicing voodoo. I tell my Italian true love. That the Cubs have won 40 games so far this season. Because of my voodoo incantations. And that she can learn voodoo, too. I try to teach her the craft/art. So far this baseball season, I’ve assigned her sole voodoo responsibility 54 times. Is it mere coincidence? The Cubs have lost 54 games. Anyway, goes to show that I’m a master of voodoo. And she isn’t. If I practiced voodoo every day, the Cubs would go through the season undefeated. Imagine that. A perfect record, 162-0. Yes, that’s ridiculous. Absurd. But that’s my style of life.  Exercising. Every day. My boundless imagination. –Jim Broede

No comments: