Friday, July 11, 2014

Keeps me humble.

I have yet to master my computer. Instead, the computer masters me. Takes over. And drives me crazy. Toys with me. Does stuff. That I don’t understand  Plays tricks. Taunts me.  It was so much easier. In the days of the typewriter. I used to revere and collect typewriters. For a long time, at least 15 or 20 typewriters were stored in my attic. I got my first typewriter when I was 12, and in the sixth grade. Way back in the 1940s. Taught myself to type. With one and  two fingers. Could type 50 or 60 words a minute that way. People marveled. As they watched my typing exploits. I became a show-off. Still type this way today. On the computer, of course.   And I’ve learned a few more skills. That one can’t practice on a typewriter. But I’m not bragging. Because my computer keeps me humble.  I’ll never become the master. –Jim Broede  

No comments: