Friday, July 18, 2014

My search for paradise.

We fail to communicate. With each other. That’s the problem, isn’t it? Republicans and Democrats. Israeli and Palestinian. Ukrainian and Russian. An endless list of examples.  We could resolve our differences. But we choose not to. Because of the lack of will. We ignore the ways. Too often, we resort to warfare. We kill each other.  And innocents who happen to get in the way. Showing up at the wrong place at the wrong time. Like the 298 passengers. On a commercial airline jet.  Yes, there  was a misunderstanding. Maybe that’s the biggest evil of all. The failure to communicate.  That makes the world full of uncivilized societies. Oh, we fool ourselves. Into thinking we are advanced and civilized. But we aren’t. Look at the world. Give me an honest assessment.  Makes me want to withdraw. To retreat.  Into my cocoon. Hiding. Away from everyone. Except my Italian true love. And a handful of trusted and true friends. Makes me wonder. If there’s any other way. To find paradise. Also known as a truly loving world. –Jim Broede

No comments: