Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A much better pursuit.

Used to be that I was outraged. By senseless killings. But now I’m more emotionally aloof. Maybe it’s the recognition that I can’t do anything about it. That senseless killings are a part of everyday life. And what good is it going to do? For me to become outraged. That American journalist. Decapitated. Just for the hell of it. Though the guy that did it claims it’s for a cause.  To make a point. Don’t make trouble, America,  for a goofy righteous religious cause.  Then there’s the unarmed black teenager gun downed by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri.  Possible racial overtones in that one. But hey, that’s America.  This is a violent nation. And a violent world, too. Maybe we all should be outraged by the unending violence. But to tell the truth, I’ve given up on being outraged. It’s a waste of my time. Instead, I’m focused on being in love.  That’s a much better pursuit.  –Jim Broede

No comments: