Sunday, August 3, 2014

Facing the truth.

I’m doing too much. And know it. But it’s difficult. Reining myself in. I have yet to fully learn. To pursue life in moderation. Which means. Drawing the line. Doing only so much. And letting everything else slide. Yesterday, I failed to post a single thread in my blog. A signal that I’m doing far too much. Because I didn’t make time. For my precious blog. Instead, I was out gallivanting.   With my Italian true love. And her close personal friend Giovanna. And tending to my Alzheimer-riddled friend Ron. So that his usual care-givers could get respite at a Paul McCartney concert. Yes, all worthwhile endeavors. But my busy schedule didn’t give me time to pursue my daily exercise regimen, or to think and write. That’s bad. For me. Takes me out of my usual rhythm. And makes me more mistake-prone. I screw up. Maybe not in spectacular or grievous ways. But still, I make mistakes that I shouldn’t ordinarily make. Because I don’t take time to get my act together. Others may not know it. But I do. I mismanaged the day. I’m not supposed to say this. Especially. Here. In my blog.  Because it’s public. Anyone can read it. And assume – erroneously -- that I am lamenting. But that’s not so. Instead, I am facing the sometimes hard truth. That managing one’s life isn’t the easiest thing in the world.  Yet, I remain in love. Not only with my dear sweet Italian true love. But with life. –Jim Broede

No comments: