Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Into something truly meaningful.

My Italian true love. Has ideas. For projects. All around the house. That’s fine with me. Because she has mostly good ideas. Ways to lighten up the house. To make it look more Scandinavian design. With a little Italian touch, too. I’m all for change. I’m willing to be enlightened. To see things in different ways. Now she’s talking about projects for next year. Next summer. That’s a good and welcome sign. Because she apparently recognizes that it would be foolish to try to do everything now.  Better to proceed slowly. Yes, to live life slowly. Not to try to do everything at once. Enjoy the feast of life. Not by gorging one’s self. But savoring it all. A morsel at a time. Even when we go sightseeing, I want to schedule very little. I’d rather see one or two things. Rather than 10. To savor what I’m seeing. Without having to rush off to the next site. And I hardly ever use my camera any more. Instead, I store the experience in my memory. My mind. And I write about it later. Time and time again. Because I keep discovering something. A new twist. I allow life experiences to percolate. Into something truly meaningful. –Jim Broede  

No comments: