Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A fine example. For everyone.

Rising above one’s emotions. That’s what I try to do. By elevating myself. Looking at the situation objectively. Not allowing myself to be carried away. By my emotions. No doubt. I’m an emotional being. I fall in love. I believe in true love. And I practice it. Love is a positive emotion. But hate isn’t.  Hate is an emotion that needs to be controlled. To be restrained. Because I hate someone – that isn’t valid reason to kill.  To murder. When a Muslim beheads an American. Out of hate. My inclination would be to retaliate. In an effective way.  And that doesn’t mean going on a hateful killing rampage. I have to rise above my emotions. That’s one thing I like about Barack Obama. He tends not to overreact. He stays cool. At least on the surface.  He quells his emotional side.  I still see Obama as a very emotional being. But he manages to keep his emotions in tow.  He sets a fine example. For me. For everyone. –Jim Broede

No comments: