Tuesday, September 16, 2014

About the significance of life.

I like cats and dogs. All kinds of animals. Maybe more than I like people. Not supposed to say that. Doesn’t sound good. I talk to my cats. Every day. They talk to me, too. We know how to communicate. To speak each others’ language. I’m also capable of talking to chipmunks, squirrels and rabbits. They all abound in my yard. I feed them nuts and carrots. I’ve neglected the birds a little bit. But I’m trying to do better. After a hummingbird hovered for a minute outside my studio window.  He was speaking to me. Told me it’s time to hang up a hummingbird feeder. Promised I would. Used to have dogs. But not in recent years. But I walk the neighbor’s dog. Daily. We chat. In dog language. About the significance of life. –Jim Broede

No comments: