Sunday, September 28, 2014

Friends and acquaintances.

People are funny. Especially when they become serious. About funny stuff. That they don’t recognize as being funny. For instance, some of my friends tell me they don’t trust me. Because I’ll write about them. In my blog. Really, in most instances, it’s not about them. But about something they said. Such as, ‘I don’t trust you.’  That’s another way of saying, ‘You don’t do as I say. You don’t abide by my wishes.’  The truth be told. Sometimes I abide. Other times, I don’t.  Depends on my inclination. I’m not necessarily a people pleaser. I like people. Especially my friends. But I don’t cater to them 100 percent of the time. I dare to take issue with my friends. Take them to task.  Disagree. That’s a good thing. Some of my friends would like to make our friendship conditional. I generally steer clear of that sort of arrangement. Maybe that’s why I have far more acquaintances than genuine and true friends. –Jim Broede

No comments: