Tuesday, September 30, 2014

If played by rules.

Don’t know if I’m a real sports fan. Because I’m not particularly in love with sports. I call myself a fan of the Cubs and the Bears. The Chicago baseball and football teams. But generally I don’t sit down and watch a baseball or football game. Unless the Cubs and Bears are playing.  Goes to show I’m more addicted/enthralled by specific teams. Rather than by the sport. In my younger days, I was a sportswriter. But I abandoned that pursuit. Thinking there were better things to write about. Such as politics. Which also seemed to be a game. Unfortunately, a dirty game. Played without rules. Maybe I should have stayed a sportswriter. Because sports are played with rules. Makes me wonder. If politics and life would be a better game. If played by rules.  –Jim Broede

No comments: