Saturday, September 6, 2014

Maybe I missed my true calling.

I am rested. And waiting patiently. Today. Saturday. For my biggest challenge. In recent weeks. Yes. For delivery of four new stately bookshelves. From Ikea. The shelves will line a wall. In my newly painted studio/den.  The challenge, of course. Is the assembly. I am to put the shelves together. I used to summon a handyman. To do it all. But I have decided to accept the challenge. On my own. I am not skilled at furniture assembly. At piecing anything together. Easier for me to write a treatise on why I never became a mechanic or a carpenter or a plumber.  Indeed, a pity. A downright shame.  But I have decided to take the risk. Of failure. Because I want to show the world. And myself.  That maybe I missed my true calling – that of handyman. –Jim Broede

No comments: