Friday, September 26, 2014

Personal stuff.

I’ve been accused of writing secondhand thoughts. As if that’s a crime. That all of my thoughts should be original. Firsthand stuff. But to tell the truth, much of what I think and write about comes secondhand. Even thirdhand and fourthhand. Virtually everything I think of has been thought before. By someone. By others. Oh, I try to be different. Maybe in the way I present a thought.  But originality too often eludes me. So when I write letters and emails to my friends, I might get an occasional reply. From someone annoyed with me. For writing a repetitious secondhand thought. And even worse yet, I’m taken to task for making mention of it in my blog. Well, folks, that’s the nature of my somewhat unique and original blog. Sometimes, but not always, it gets more personal than my personal letters.  –Jim Broede

No comments: