Thursday, October 2, 2014

Far beyond the horizon.

Some people drag me into their worlds. Such as my Alzheimer-riddled friend Ron. And when that happens, I’m grateful. I willingly enter fanciful worlds. My own. And others, too. I like that. Of course, not everyone wants me to enter their world. They prefer being reclusive. That forces me to make difficult decisions. I have the annoying habit of entering their world. Regardless of their desires.  Because I’m curious. And naturally annoying, too.  Makes me an amateur psychoanalyst. And maybe that’s a pursuit best left to the professionals. But still, I proceed. There’s no stopping me. Because I’m an amateur at the meaningful stuff of life. Don’t pursue life for the primary sake of making money. I’d rather make an acquaintance.  Or a friend.  Satisfying my curiosity. I’m an amateur explorer, too.  With a specialty. The exploration of worlds far beyond the horizon. –Jim Broede

No comments: