Friday, October 3, 2014

S(no)w reason to panic.

It’s really nice that we have true changes of seasons in Minnesota. With snow expected tonight (Oct. 3). Of course, it won’t accumulate. Nothing to measure. But white flakes in the air make it look like we may be in for a long, long winter. All the more reason for me to be excited about the prospect of fleeing to Sardinia. To be with my Italian true love.  Sooner rather than later. We’ll see. I’m not about to panic.  We are still likely to have some summer-like days. My neighbors tell me it’s unbearably cold. But that’s crazy talk. As long as the temperature stays above freezing – that’s relatively warm.  Still very tolerable. Anyway, it’s nice and cozy and warm. Indoors, at least. I’m happy to be alive. And in Minnesota. That’s good enough for me. --Jim Broede

No comments: