Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Remarkable & blessed connections.

Death has benefited me. That is, other people’s deaths.  I’d not be here. If my maternal grandparents had not died young. Leaving my mother an orphaned teenager.  If her parents had lived to ripe old ages, no way would she have married my father. It was a marriage of convenience. Thankfully. From my perspective. Otherwise, I’d not have been born. My father committed suicide. One could look at that as a blessing, too. For my mother. Because she went on to another marriage. A truly loving relationship that lasted 34 years. Life and death take peculiar and interesting twists and turns. My dear sweet Jeanne died in January 2007. In October 2007, I met my Italian true love. We recently celebrated the seventh  anniversary of our loving relationship. Maybe Jeanne, from somewhere in the spirit world, arranged for this to happen. For another love to cross my path. Alzheimer’s and death played a role, too.  From so-called bad stuff (death) often spring cherished forms of life (love).  Little wonder that I’m a romantic idealist. Anyway, follow the links in the chain of one’s life. One might find remarkable and blessed connections. --Jim Broede

No comments: