Tuesday, October 7, 2014

To be frightened. Almost to death.

Getting absorbed in the moment. In what I’m doing now. Yes, I’ve learned to wear blinders. To not let outside events disrupt or bother me. Makes me feel good. To be focused on now. I find that helps me turn inward. Especially when I’m alone. An opportunity to collect my thoughts. Makes me think. That the mind is a wonderful thing. And to lose it must be awful. That’s happened. To my Alzheimer-riddled friend Ron. He used to be a brilliant scientist. At 3M Co. Invented the amalgam used to fill teeth. Anyway, somewhere along the line, Ron must have been aware that he was losing his extraordinary scientific mind. Maybe he still does know. And he doesn’t know what to do about it. But he’s aware. A little bit. Enough to be scared.  To be frightened. Almost to death. –Jim Broede

No comments: