Saturday, November 22, 2014

A devotee of quiet solitude.

I wonder. What people think about. When they are alone. Do they think at all? Or do their minds go blank? It would be interesting. To find out. Maybe some people need interaction. With others. In order for the thinking process to be ignited. I do some of my most and best thinking. When I am alone.  Free from interruptions. I’m able to focus. That’s the way I write. In quiet solitude. Though not always. Sometimes I play music. String quartets. To stimulate my mind. In creative directions. I also know how to write in disruptive and noisy environs. And in a hurry. To meet deadlines. That was my life. In the newsroom. When I was a writer for newspapers.  I adapted. Had to. Makes me appreciate what I’ve become. A devotee of quiet solitude.  I care little about the news. Instead, I turn inward. And probe my soul. I’m far better at writing reflective love letters. Than mundane news stories.  –Jim Broede

No comments: