Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A small (and wonderful) world.

I’ve been invited to Thanksgiving dinner. With the family of my Alzheimer-riddled friend Ron. Of course, Ron will be there, too. Home for Thanksgiving. Though Ron has multiple homes these days. His primary abode being a five-bed residential care place. Very, very nice. Not like an institutional-style nursing home. Anyway, I’ve promised to take Ron for a walk. Past our old haunts. He’ll like that. Not sure that Ron will remember everyone. But that doesn’t matter. He’s still sociable. Wonder if Ron will notice. That we aren’t having turkey. It’ll be steak and fish. That’s fine with me. Breaking with tradition. Or maybe one should call it creating a new tradition. My farewell dinner, too. I’m headed for Italy next week. But I’ll stay in touch. With everyone.  With regular postings. It’s really a small (and wonderful) world. –Jim Broede

No comments: