Friday, November 28, 2014

Caring: About right and wrong.

One can care too much.  Think about it. Caring can become overwhelming. Emotionally draining. More than one can handle. I know people that care too much. About too many friends and loved ones. And even about strangers.  About tragic happenings all over the world.  I limit my caring. To what I can handle.  Sometimes, I have to turn off the rest of the world. And focus on my narrow sphere. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be taking proper care. Of myself. And the few people that I truly care about. I’m not ashamed to say it. That I pick and chose. That I discriminate. Of course, I’m critical of other people. For doing the same thing. Republicans, for instance. Many of them favor rich people. And couldn’t care less about poor people. Guess that’s the nature, the essence of humankind.  Each one of us. Either cares too much, or too little. About the right and wrong things. –Jim Broede

No comments: